Advanced Microsoft Excel Query Class
28.8 CPE Credits Available
October 24–26, 2022
8am-5pm each day
(Mon, Tues, and Wed)
Tempe Mission Palms
60 E. 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
$2,395 (registration ends 10/7)
Get 5% off when purchasing 2 or more tickets in the same transaction!
Join us for this 3-day, in-person training to learn some of the more advanced features in Microsoft Excel! Whether you have queried data from an external source or you have a set of data in single or multiple spreadsheets, this class will show you how to consolidate and make sense of large data sets. We will also cover the MS Query tool in depth, allowing you to access data from the FOUNDATION database and create custom reports and lists.
Key Takeaways Include
Microsoft Excel Tables
- Use and structure
- Exporting data from FOUNDATION and creating usable table-based data
- Advanced table functions
- Using Excel to tap into the FOUNDATION database to create custom reports and lists
- “Top 20 tables” - learn where the most used FOUNDATION data is stored
- Linking of tables to pull data from multiple areas within FOUNDATION
- Setting parameters on tables to limit data returned on a report
- Intermediate Excel functions including VLOOKUP’s and SUMIF’s will be used extensively in this class
- Use and functionality of pivot table reports
- Consolidating data from large data sets
- Grouping data points
- Expanding reports to show and/or hide detail
- Creating formulas within a pivot table
- Using the Data Model to count distinct records within a data set
- Slicers and timelines
Prerequisites & Advanced Preparation
- A preliminary call with one of our tech experts will be required in order to get you setup with the correct version of both FOUNDATION and Office software. They will also set you up with a test database to use when taking the course.
- Intermediate/Advanced working knowledge of FOUNDATION and system flow is needed as we will be looking at data sets from the entire system
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including use of VLOOKUP’s and SUMIF’s functions to draw data from multiple sources into a single spreadsheet)
Who Should AttendCPAs, Controllers and Financial & Job Cost Analysts
Delivery MethodGroup Live
Field of StudyComputer Software & Applications – Non-Technical
Hospitality / Food & Beverage
- Breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks will be provided daily.
Join us for a complimentary Welcome Networking reception Monday evening.
- Tuesday and Wednesday evenings are unscheduled for attendees to spend on their own exploring the area.
- All Foundation College activities will be held at the Tempe Mission Palms.
- We encourage participants to stay onsite, both for schedule convenience and networking.
- Take advantage of our special group rate of $239/night.
- This discounted rate is only available through September 23rd or until the room block sells out – whichever comes first.
- Click here to reserve your room at the discounted rate today.
Travel & Area Attractions
Nearest AirportPhoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Airport ShuttleThe hotel is just 10 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and a complimentary guest shuttle is available to and from the airport. Additional shuttle details will be shared as the event nears.
Scott KernSenior Software Consultant
Since starting his career with Foundation Software in 2000 as a client services representative, then field trainer, Scott’s extensive knowledge of FOUNDATION and the industry has made him an invaluable asset to clients. This experience has also provided a natural extension into the consulting arena, where he has helped hundreds of clients improve their financial management processes.
Registered CPE Sponsor
Foundation Software is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.